Thank you for purchasing the Application of Theory in Play Therapy self-directed training! Using the book, Play Therapy Theory and Practice: Comparing Theories and Techniques (2nd ed.) by Kevin O’Conner & Lisa Braverman, you will briefly answer the open-ended questions below. If you do not already own a copy of the text, one can be purchased through Amazon, often at a used/discounted price.
CE completion requirements:
Please write your response to the following prompts. APA format not required.
For each theory (Psychoanalytic, Adlerian, Jungian, Gestalt, CCPT, Filial, and Theraplay):
- List the key points of interest for your clinical practice (minimum 3)
- Describe which parts of the theory that are in-line with your view of children, therapy, and the process of change
- Describe which parts of the theory are counter to what you believe about children, therapy and the process of change
- Describe your play theory of choice or how you will integrate multiple theories into your clinical practice
- Follow the first link below to submit your Essay
- Please allow up to 48 hours for the essay to be graded.
- Upon a passing score, you will be able to follow the second link to complete the evaluation and be presented with your certificate
Renee Blocker Turner Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S