Date: March 11th, 2022 Time: 10 am to 2 pm Central Standard Time
Fee: $99 for 4 Direct Contact APT CE’s (Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 4 CONTACT CE Hours.)
Anger and aggression are common themes in play therapy and are vital in Gestalt Play Therapy. However, many therapists are uncomfortable addressing anger or allowing it to “play out” in the playroom. This interactive playshop will explore the theoretical underpinnings of the role of aggressive energy in the playroom and identify methods to safely access and contain aggressive energy and associated triggers using body-centered engagements. THEORY; BEGINNER/ADVANCED
- Identify the healthy role of aggression and how it may manifest in the playroom from a GPT perspective
- Describe how anger and aggression are vital for creating energy and movement within a play session
- Describe at least three play therapy interventions to release anger in productive ways
- Name the importance of limit setting and containment to maintain safety during play sessions
Participant Information and Requirements:
- Two days before the event, registrants will receive a Zoom registration link.
- Participant camera must remain on for the duration of the training with your legal name displayed at all times.
- Participants must hold or be in pursuit of a Master’s degree in mental health to qualify for CE's.
- Successful completion of multiple-choice post-test is required to receive CE’s credit (link provided at the close of training).
- A maximum of 40 participants can attend this live webinar.
Renee Turner, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
I have read the 'Participation Requirements' and 'Training Information' sections above to determine eligibility. No refunds provided for this training for any reason.
Dr. Renee Turner adheres to all legal and ethical responsibilities and is committed to non-discriminatory practices. While every attempt is made to anticipate and resolve problems, complaints may still arise. Complaints pertaining to the speaker, educational material presented, or training facilities should be addressed with Dr. Renee Turner, who will attempt to resolve the matter as quickly and easily as possible.