Embodied Sandtray: Applying Gestalt Principles to the Sand
Workshop info (Live in-person):
Thursday-Saturday, August 10-12, 2023
9:00 am- 4:30 pm each day (18 Direct Contact APT CEs); $450
San Antonio, Texas
Gestalt play therapy (GPT) is a humanistic therapy characterized by holism, experiential engagements, and embodiment through a relational framework. In this three-day, highly experiential workshop, attendees will explore the theoretical principles of Gestalt theory and how to integrate GPT within sandtray and play therapy. Beyond learning about the application of GPT sandtray, participants will dive deeply into the core conditions of sandtray facilitation including presence, attunement, and integration of the person as therapist. Attendees will create and process personal sandtrays each day of the workshop and should anticipate that strong feelings could arise. Beginning and advanced-level clinicians will benefit from this workshop.
- Discuss foundational Gestalt theory applicable to play and sandtray therapy
- Discuss foundational sandtray principles for working with children, adolescents, and adults
- Compare Gestalt Play Therapy (GPT) sandtray to other sandtray models
- Describe and experience methods of processing sandtray unique to GPT
- Explain the function of the cycle of awareness in GPT as it relates to sandtray
- Explain the role of contact in GPT and the indicators of contact disturbances
- Identify and practice Gestalt-specific prompts and facilitation language
- Explain the function of somatic resonance and embodiment in sandtray therapy from a GPT perspective.
- Identify and apply methods for increasing presence and attunement with the therapeutic process to facilitate the sandtray process from a GPT perspective
- Identify strategies to explore and integrate “parts” that commonly emerge in play therapy sessions
- Describe how sandtray facilitates integration from a GPT perspective
- Apply Gestalt-specific skills to at least one sandtray each day
Schedule of Events (each day):
10:30 to 10:45 Break
10:45 to 12:15 Content
12:15 to 1:15 lunch
1:15 to 2:45 Experiential
2:45 to 3:00 Break
3:00 to 4:30 Experiential
Renee Turner, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
Attendance & Return policy:
- Registrants must attend and participate in all portions of the workshop to earn credit. Partial credit cannot be awarded
- Registrants must have or be in pursuit of a Master’s degree in mental health or a related field to qualify for CEs
- Cancellation received at least 7 days prior to a scheduled workshop will be refunded minus a $30.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellation received less than 7 days prior to a scheduled workshop is not eligible for a refund or credit
- No refund provided for no-shows or missed workshops
- With approval, you may send another attendee in your place
- Should Expressive Therapies Institute, PLLC need to cancel a workshop, we will make every attempt to notify registrants in a timely manner. All registrants will receive a full refund. Expressive Therapies Institute, PLLC is only responsible for the registration costs of workshops. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the registrant.
- No exceptions will be made to these policies.
Dr. Renee Turner adheres to all legal and ethical responsibilities and is committed to non-discriminatory practices. While every attempt is made to anticipate and resolve problems, complaints may still arise. Complaints about the speaker, educational material presented, or training facilities should be addressed with Dr. Renee Turner, who will attempt to resolve the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible.
APT- Approved Provider #11-302
San Antonio, TX 78240
|Regular registration||$ 450.00|