Gestalt Play Therapy: Theory and Practice for Embodied Presence
Date: September 22-23, 2023
Time: 9 am to 4 pm CST each day
Investment: $350 for 12 Direct Contact APT CEs; Early Bird (ends 8/1) $300
In-person: Institute for Couple and Family Enhancement, 21015 Market Ridge, San Antonio, Texas 78258
Gestalt Play Therapy (GPT) is a creative, experiential form of humanistic play therapy that values authenticity and embodiment presence. Unfortunately, while it is a seminal play therapy theory, few play therapists understand the application of this approach. This experiential workshop offers a perfect blend of theory, skills, and applied practice, ensuring attendees will walk away with a deeper understanding of GPT– and fresh eyes to conceptualize and work with children and families. The content is suitable for both beginning play therapists and experienced play therapists looking to expand or refine their skills.
- Describe the similarities and differences between Gestalt Play Therapy (GPT) and other play therapy models
- Describe the continuum directive and non-directive models of play and where GPT rests on the continuum
- Name at least five theoretical constructs related to GPT
- Discuss holistic treatment planning through a GPT lens through careful examination and observation of the child’s “field”
- Describe the role of the therapist and the importance of “authentic relating” in Gestalt therapy
- Describe how anger and aggression are vital for creating energy and movement within a play session
- Apply the phenomenological method to expressive engagements
- Apply whole child reflections that deepen awareness
Attendance & Return Policy:
- Registrants must attend and participate in all portions of the workshop to earn credit. Partial credit cannot be awarded
- Registrants must have or be in pursuit of a Master’s degree in mental health or a related field to qualify for CEs
- Cancellation received at least 14 days prior to a scheduled workshop will be refunded minus a $50.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellation received less than 14 days prior to a scheduled workshop is not eligible for a refund or credit
- No refund provided for no-shows or missed workshops
- With approval, you may send another attendee in your place
- Should Expressive Therapies Institute, PLLC need to cancel a workshop, we will make every attempt to notify registrants in a timely manner. All registrants will receive a full refund. Expressive Therapies Institute, PLLC, is only responsible for the registration costs of workshops. Any additional costs are the responsibility of the registrant.
- No exceptions will be made to these policies.
Dr. Renee Turner adheres to all legal and ethical responsibilities and is committed to non-discriminatory practices. While every attempt is made to anticipate and resolve problems, complaints may still arise. Complaints pertaining to the speaker, educational material presented, or training facilities should be addressed with Dr. Renee Turner, who will attempt to resolve the matter as quickly and easily as possible.
San Antonio, TX 78258
|Early bird (ends 8/1/2023)||$ 300.00|