Description of Workshop:
Traumatized children often experience neurobiological disturbances and a narrowed window of tolerance. In this workshop, attendees will integrate trauma-informed knowledge on approaching shame in the playroom and how it manifests through either hyper-or hypo- arousal states. Utilizing a GPT framework, attendees will learn how to identify and address shame with individuals and families by assessing for and developing vital resources for regulation.
- Discuss literature related to shame and trauma as they relate to childhood and childhood development
- Discuss foundational principles of GPT
- Describe the impact of shame on contact functions and the development of self from a GPT perspective
- Discuss the role of utilizing body-centered engagements in play therapy to increase awareness of the sensations and emotions related to shame
- Identify play-based ways to assess and cultivate self-supports
Renee Turner, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
Cancellation requests must occur at least 14 days before the training event for a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee. Cancellation requests with less than 14 days notice will not be honored. 100% attendance is required to earn CE credit.
Dr. Renee Turner adheres to all legal and ethical responsibilities and is committed to non-discriminatory practices. While every attempt is made to anticipate and resolve problems, complaints may still arise. Complaints about the speaker, educational material presented, or training facilities should be addressed with Dr. Renee Turner, who will attempt to resolve the matter as quickly and efficiently as possible.