Moving the energy: Integrating expressive arts into Gestalt Play Therapy (12 APT direct contact CE's)
The workshop is IN PERSON and limited to 12 participants for social distancing. COVID-19 vaccinations are required (honor system). Masks are required.
CE hours: 12 Direct Contact APT hours provided up completion. Partial credit is not allowed.
Location: The Workshop, 300 Allen St, Austin, TX 78702.
Presenter: Renee Turner, Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
In this interactive playshop, attendees will take a deep dive into Gestalt Play Therapy theories and principles guided by the cycle of awareness. At the core of Gestalt theory lies the cycle of awareness which provides a lens through which to conceptualize an individual's way of engaging with self and others. Attending to awareness along the continuum allows for new experiences to unfold, ultimately increasing authentic being-- a core goal in GPT. Attendees will practice grounded personal and relational experiments to increase understanding of one’s own cycle of awareness and apply this understanding to children and families through theoretically grounded expressive arts engagements.
- Name the key tenets of Gestalt Play Therapy
- Describe the cycle of awareness
- Describe the parallels between Gestalt Play Therapy and our current understanding of neurobiology
- Describe why expressive art modalities are theoretically congruent with Gestalt Play Therapy
- Identify markers of movement along the cycle of awareness
- Name at least three potential blocks in the cycle of awareness
- Identify at least two expressive techniques for increasing contact
- Identify at least two expressive techniques for engaging sensation
- Identify at least two expressive techniques for engaging the body
8:30- 10:00 GPT theory
10:00- 10:15 break
10:15-11:45 GPT theory
2:45- 4:00 GPT theory and the ETC
Cancellations prior to 14 days of the training date will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. Cancellations occurring within 14 days of the training are non-refundable, however, registrants can apply 50% of the fee paid to a non-contact training or future live training. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Dr. Renee Turner adheres to all legal and ethical responsibilities and is committed to non-discriminatory practices. While every attempt is made to anticipate and resolve problems, complaints may still arise. Complaints pertaining to the speaker, educational material presented, or training facilities should be addressed with Dr. Renee Turner who will attempt to resolve the matter as quickly and easily as possible.
Austin, TX 78702